- Approximately 350 students in K-8th grade.
- Established in 2001
- Advanced curriculum with high academic standards; students consistently surpass all state and national averages on standardized tests.
- CornerStone graduates are consistently accepted to the top private and magnet schools in Las Vegas such as Bishop Gorman, Faith Lutheran and all valley technical academies.
- Educators who specialize in Spanish, Computer Science, Music, Library, Art and Physical Education.
- Accelerated Reading Program utilized in 1-8th grades.
- Sports in our athletic conference include Volleyball, Flag Football, Basketball, Swim, Track & Field, Cheerleading, and Soccer.
- Music program produces several different concerts annually; developing and cultivating the choral and theatrical talents displayed in our student body.
- After school activities include our performing arts program, CPAA. Students can enroll beginning in 2nd grade and participate in disciplines such as dance, drama, voice, choir or private lessons in guitar, percussion, or piano.
- Implementation of technology such as iPads and Mimio boards for middle school students, allowing them an interactive, collaborative experience between the text, student, and teacher.
CornerStone Christian Academy began humbly with just 290 students school-wide. It was the dream of our Senior Pastor, Pastor Greg Massanari, to begin a school that would meet the high academic needs of children as well as nurture them through a working knowledge of Christ Jesus. Today, our enrollment reaches over 500 students including a thriving preschool which is the foundation for setting our students up to succeed within our vision of academic excellence in a Christian environment.
All CCA educators are Nevada State licensed or qualified through the state licensing statute NAC394.050, and forty percent hold a Master’s Degree in Education. Our aides and office staff are all CPR and First Aid trained. Many of our faculty and staff have been with us since our establishment, and the strong professional relationships they’ve built have greatly contributed to the sense of real community at CCA. We believe that our low turnover rate speaks for itself; our educators are committed to CCA and its philosophy, and their loyalty serves as the foundation for the ideal learning environment for our students.
We set the bar high when it comes to student conduct, and we place a strong emphasis on each child’s sense of personal responsibility. When and if the occasion arises that a child needs to be disciplined, our teachers utilize the Love & Logic approach, implementing logical consequences allowing the child to connect the infraction with real life.
While our teacher/student ratio varies depending on grade level, we strive to ensure that each student/educator relationship is collaborative. Each child is different, and we believe that when a teacher understands the relative strengths and weaknesses of a child, they’re able to individualize their attention to better help them develop and improve on what needs improving. Kindergarten classes have a maximum enrollment of 22 and 1st-8th grades are capped at 25 students per classroom.
Students are required to wear a uniform daily. Uniforms may be purchased locally at Campus Club Uniforms.
Devotion to our Lord is an integral part of our school. ALL students are required to attend chapel every Tuesday. Chapel includes praise, worship, prayer, devotion, singing, stories, and sharing God’s love. Lessons are always prepared inter-denominationally, focusing solely on biblical truths not denominational doctrine. Tithing is an important part of worship, so an offering is collected each week to support various missions of the school and/or church. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend Chapel.
We aim to involve parents in the academic journey of their children. Through special events, volunteer opportunities, school performances, and our annual Gala, we aim to create an environment where our parents know one another and know our teachers and administrators. Parents can also take a leadership role by serving on our A.P.T. committee.