- Established in 1980 (Formerly First Presbyterian Academy)
- 18 mos. -8th grade with enrollment close to 500 students
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Accredited
- Advanced curriculum with high academic standards; students consistently surpass all state and national averages on standardized tests.
- CornerStone graduates are consistently accepted to the top private and magnet schools in Las Vegas such as Bishop Gorman, Faith Lutheran and all valley technical academies
- In addition to our core academic classes, students are enrolled in Spanish, Computer Science, Music, Library, Art and Physical Education
- STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) curriculum taught in grades Kindergarten through 8th with FOSS curriculum and hand ons learning.
- Sports in our athletic conference include Volleyball, Flag Football, Basketball, Swim, Archery and Soccer
- After school activities include our performing arts program, CPAA. Students can enroll beginning in kindergarten and participate in disciplines such as dance, drama, voice, choir or private lessons in guitar, percussion, or piano
- Technology-driven campus: Apple lab with a full-time licensed teacher, parent dashboards, iPads in every classroom providing students an interactive, collaborative experience between the text, student, parent and teacher
- Full-time certified nursing assistant on staff
*Refer to specifics below regarding detailed information about curriculum and course work
CornerStone Christian Academy (formerly First Presbyterian Academy) began on our current campus in September 2001. It was the dream of our Senior Pastor, Pastor Greg Massanari, to begin a school that would meet the high academic needs of children as well as nurture them through a working knowledge of Christ Jesus. Today, our enrollment reaches close to 500 students including a thriving Tykes program starting at 18 mos. through Pre-K which is the foundation for setting our students up to succeed within our vision of academic excellence in a Christian environment.
All of our educators are Nevada State licensed or qualified through the state licensing statute NAC394.050, and a majority hold a Master’s Degree in Education. Our entire staff is CPR and First Aid trained. Our educators are committed to CornerStone and its philosophy, and their loyalty serves as the foundation for the ideal learning environment for our students.
We set the bar high when it comes to student conduct, and we place a strong emphasis on each child’s sense of personal responsibility. When and if the occasion arises that a child needs to be disciplined, our teachers utilize the Love & Logic approach, implementing logical consequences allowing the child to connect the infraction with real life.
We believe each child is unique; our teachers utilize current curriculum and strategies to differentiate learning to help guide every student toward their full potential. Kindergarten classes have a maximum enrollment of 22 and 1st-8th grades are capped at 25 students per classroom. In addition, grades K-4 are supported by teacher assistants.
Devotion to our Lord is an integral part of our school. ALL students are required to attend chapel every Tuesday. Chapel includes praise, worship, prayer, devotion, singing, scripture and sharing God’s love. Lessons are always prepared inter-denominationally, focusing solely on biblical truths not denominational doctrine. Tithing is an important part of worship, so an offering is collected each week to support various missions of the school and/or church. Parents are welcome and encouraged to attend Chapel. Going beyond chapel, biblical principals are integrated throughout the curriculum and classroom environment daily.
We aim to involve parents in the academic journey of their children through special events, volunteer opportunities, school performances, field trips and fundraising. Our common goal is to cultivate an environment where families feel like CornerStone is an extension of home. Our families build lifelong relationships with parents, teachers and staff.
Students are required to wear a uniform daily. Uniforms may be purchased locally at Campus Club Uniforms or online and delivered to the school.