CornerStone Christian Tykes Preschool Overview
CornerStone Christian Tykes believes in the development of the whole child. Our goal is to prepare each child academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually through a hands-on and interactive learning environment. Our emerging curriculum is designed to create a “love for learning” in each child while preparing students for CornerStone Christian Academy . We achieve these goals by surpassing typical standards in Early Childhood Education (ECE). We set the bar high and strive to meet every standard of excellence.
Tykes provides an intentionally loving and nurturing Christian atmosphere and the introduction of basic Bible principles. Our teachers have a background in ECE and are current with all State of Nevada Child Care Licensing requirements.
We are the only QRIS 5 Star Private Christian Preschool In Nevada!
With family engagement and support, as well as the focused efforts of our teachers and administration, CornerStone Christian Tykes Preschool has received its most distinguished award as a QRIS 5 Star Rated school.
Not only is our preschool rated Top 1% of ALL early childhood education centers in Nevada by the Silver State Stars Quality Rating & Improvement System (QRIS), CornerStone Christian Tykes Preschool is now the ONLY 5 Star rated private christian preschool in Nevada! A 5 Star recognition by QRIS represents the HIGHEST QUALITY early learning environment.
QRIS is open to all licensed child-cares/preschools in Nevada, but not all choose to undergo meeting the rigorous standards. QRIS is a systemic approach to improve and assess the level of quality in child care centers. QRIS promotes high-quality child care that fits family needs and the needs of their children. By participating, we continue to demonstrate a commitment to high-quality early childhood education. Learn more about QRIS at the following link: http://www.nvsilverstatestars.org/nevada-qris
CornerStone Tykes Preschool Quick Facts
- Tykes Preschool services children aged 18 months through 5 years old.
- CornerStone Christian Tykes is the only NAEYC Accredited Private Christian School in Nevada.
- Tykes is the only QRIS 5 Star rated Private Christian Preschool in Nevada.
- Tykes follows the NAEYC philosophy of a hands-on, developmentally appropriate, whole child learning experience.
- Tykes is rated Top 1% of all ECE licensed centers by QRIS in Nevada.
- Enrichment activities such as dance and soccer are offered on campus.
- Our Pre-K classroom prepares students for a successful transition into CCA’s own Kindergarten.
- Tykes students receive priority placement for CornerStone Christian Academy (CCA) Kindergarten.
- Our teachers have education and experience in ECE and are committed to continuing their professional development.
- All employees are background checked and finger printed through the State of Nevada and obtain Pediatric CPR/First Aid Certification.
- CornerStone is licensed through Nevada State Child Care Licensing.
- Low student-teacher ratio guarantees personalized attention with every child.
- Tykes provides an appropriately structured school environment.
- Parents can take on leadership responsibilities by serving on our Parents, Teachers & Fellowship (PTF) committee.
- CornerStone has a certified medical assistant
- SNHD “A” rated kitchen operated by a professional Chef who prepares fresh food for students aged 3+ years each day.
What Makes Us Different
What makes Tykes different from other schools? Few ECE programs in Nevada have received NAEYC accreditation. The National Association for the Education of Young Children promotes excellence and stringently awards accreditation to only the most high quality schools that are able to meet and exceed strict criteria set to insure the growth, exploration and success of young learners. Decades of research have shown that nearly 90% of brain development occurs in the first five years of life. A high quality ECE program can not only optimize those years, but can also predict school success down the road.
In addition to our NAEYC accreditation, we also have been rated 5 Stars by Nevada’s QRIS program. QRIS assessors have ranked us among the TOP 1% of all licensed ECE centers in the entire state of Nevada! We are also the only non-profit, private Christian school in all of Southern Nevada that holds this ranking.
QRIS uses a rigorous criteria and comprehensive evaluation process to determine program quality. This includes an in-depth assessment to determine if we are using best practices in adult-child interaction, encouraging parents to play an active role, and the level of training, accreditation and support provided to our staff.
CornerStone Christian Tykes is rated within the Top 3 schools in Southern Nevada. We are also voted Best of Las Vegas Gold Medalist for 2018 and Silver Medalist for 2017 as voted by the parents of our students.
Our ratings and awards are a testament to the quality and commitment of our incredible staff and the values of our program.
The Student Experience
Our teacher to child ratio and group sizes are smaller than the State of Nevada requires. With at least two teachers in every classroom, we are able to foster closer relationships with the students. More individual attention promotes collaboration, whether it’s through small groups or individual learning sessions which caters to differentiated instruction.
Discipline is based on positive guidance, which teaches children conflict resolution skills and the ‘love and logic’ approach of natural consequences.
At CornerStone, our philosophy of teaching to the whole child is often experienced beyond the walls of our school. Field trips, special guests, community outreach and enrichment programs engage our students creating an awareness of the world around them. It is our hope that through standards of excellence and spiritual exposure, our students will develop into fully capable, productive and creative citizens.
CornerStone is family. We believe in an open interactive dialogue with the families we serve. Through daily and weekly communication, we aim to involve parents in the academic journey of their children. We provide fellowship, family events, volunteer opportunities and school performances to create a family-based culture. Our goal is to provide a campus where our parents, teachers and administrators partner together to ensure the success of each student we serve.
We are proud of the community we’ve built and we know you will love it too! Please call 702-939-5050 ext 504 today to book a tour of our campus, or send an email to our Director, Mrs. Amy Benson at Abenson@ccanv.com