We will offer two programs for students.
*In-person 5 days a week instruction (limited class sizes).
*Distance learning will be available for students who are not comfortable coming physically to campus.
Rest easy in knowing that we are considering every possible CDC and SNHD guideline that has been provided to schools in an effort to ensure necessary precautions are taking place in our building to accommodate the latest regarding returning to school safely. We have been busy planning and making necessary changes and arrangements according to the Nevada Dept of Ed Nevada’s Path Forward, a Framework for a Safe, Efficient, and Equitable Return to School Buildings Re-opening Guidelines.
- Our soft opening revised hours will be 7:30 am – 5:00 pm (this is how we can staff limiting the mixing of groups and will change back to normal hours 6:30 am- 6:00 pm when more restrictions are lifted)
- We will have staggered drop off and pick up times to ensure that we can maintain social distancing as students arrive and make it to class
- 7:30 am -7:45 am Middle School Grades 5-8 Drop off on the curb (enter at the west gate off of Eldora and Drop off at the south of side building exiting Tara)
- 7:45 am – 8:00 am Grades 3 & 4 Drop off on at the curb (north side entrance front of building exiting on Eldora)
- 8:00 am – 8:15 am Grades K, 1 & 2 Drop off at the curb (north side entrance front of building exiting on Eldora)
- 8:00 am – 8:20 am Tykes Preschool Students Drop off at the Tykes Playground gate (enter at the west gate off of Eldora and Drop off at the Tykes Playground gate exiting on Tara)
- There will be a pre-screening temperature check for all students before they are allowed out of the car when you drive up.
If you have more than one child, you will drop all children off at the “oldest child” drop off time and the sibling will be taken to a “safe socially distance” place to wait (or to Tykes Preschool) until they are taken to class at their proper time.
- 2:45 pm -3:00 pm pick up for Middle School
- 3:00 pm -3:15 pm pick up for Grades 3 & 4
- 3:15 pm – 3:30 pm pick up for Grades K, 1 & 2
- Visitors and parents will be limited and only allowed on campus by appointment only
Students who need to utilize before or aftercare can not drop off before 7:30 am and must pick up by 5:00 pm. Students will remain in their own grade level with staff and parents will be given an aftercare number to text when they arrive at the curb. Your child will be brought out to you.
Here are the measures that we have taken already to meet health and wellness guidelines according to CDC and SNHD
- We had the building fogged with UV-C ultraviolet light that kills a wide range of pathogens including COVID-19 on surfaces. This process will be repeated every 90 days. and more information can be found about this process at www.uvcleanlasvegas.com
- Heightened cleaning protocol and procedures taking extra caution in high traffic areas
- Drinking fountains are currently being changed out for water bottle filling station and extra hand washing stations in hallways
- Sanitation stations are available at every entrance of the building and around the campus
- Classrooms are being reconfigured to accommodate enough space for physical distancing
- Large intermix groups gatherings are being re-planned to accommodate social distancing regulations (morning greeting in the sanctuary, Chapel, Recesses, Lunchroom Grouping
- Masks and protective PPE or face shields will be utilized and provided if needed for our staff and students
CornerStone Christian Academy & Tykes Preschool